Research


KILLING HARMFUL MOLD AND MYCOTOXINS THE RIGHT WAY

MOLD

Mold Hyphae or mycelium, that are actively producing, will release mold spores which create harmful mycotoxins. It is the active mold spores that release mycotoxins which have shown to cause extremely harmful health effects to people.

Our comprehensive dry fog remediation system denatures and kills all active mold cells and spores making them completely inert and safe. At a molecular level, InstaPURE destroys the characteristic properties of mold cells by changing or causing the cells to lose the structure that is present in their native state. Because the mold cells are denatured they will never be able to germinate and spread. The mycelium mold colonies, along with the individual hyphal fragments are dead because of the denaturization process. Additionally, the denatured mold is no longer producing mold spores. Mycotoxins are produced by active mold spores, so after being denatured, the release of harmful mycotoxins, by the mold spores does not occur. It is not possible, in any way, for a mold spore treated and denatured by instaPURE, to produce and release mycotoxins.

However, dead mold NOT treated with InstaPURE could potentially be harmful as they may only be temporarily dormant. Once environmental conditions change (E.g. more moisture), the mold can “reactivate” and again begin to germinate and cause the proliferation of harmful mycotoxins.

Further, dormant mold not treated with InstaPURE may still be coated with mycotoxins that have lingered. Consequently, dormant mold not treated with InstaPURE can still cause allergic reactions. Mycotoxins are not actually alive like mold and will eventually breakdown and lose their toxicity. However, in many cases, certain mycotoxins can maintain their toxicity for several years.

Through the denaturization process, our unique dry fog system destroys and kills mycotoxins along with any mold cells (active or dormant), and this happens whether they are airborne or dwell on surfaces.

Can we say with 100% certainty that even dead mold that has been treated and denatured with InstaPURE will not create ANY bad health affects? No. However, only in the sense that there may be a very small number of people that have extreme sensitivity to dead microbes, which is not something that can be realistically treated, due to the propensity for dead microbes to be constantly prevalent, everywhere in our natural occurring environment.

What we can say, with 100% confidence, is dead mold treated and denatured with InstaPURE will not result in the release of mycotoxins, which is what mold experts are highly concerned with, as it relates to the potential harmful health effects of the exposure to mycotoxins on people, caused by elevated amounts of molds and airborne mold spores.

Please reference a review (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC164220/), from the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health, which addresses mycotoxins as the primary danger produced from most molds and states, "Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites produced by microfungi that are capable of causing disease and death in humans and other animals".

ODORS

Lastly, many unpleasant odors can accompany an environment where mold thrives but may not be a direct result of mold. Most smells and odors are considered Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Mold also produces its own VOCs. The VOCs are thought to play an important role in communication between plants and organisms. Many experts believe VOCs may also serve as a warning for animals as part of an organism’s defensive mechanism. Harmful VOCs are not acutely toxic but can possibly have compounding long-term health effects. The study of VOCs has been ongoing by the scientific community and difficult to conclusively determine.

Because our remediation process treats both surfaces and the air within your home, most odors and smells from VOCs are also eliminated. We have found that vomit and cat urine odors (for example) are particularly challenging, but our treatment will still help eradicate these smells. We have had a lot of success permanently removing smoke odor and most common odors found indoors and especially associated with mold.

HEPA FILTERS & AIR SCRUBBERS

Small pollutants can escape a HEPA filter. Many harmful pollutants like allergens, bacteria, viruses and airborne chemicals, such as harmful mycotoxins are much smaller than 0.3 microns, which is the smallest particle size a HEPA filter can capture. In fact, the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has now regulated that HEPA filter based products can no longer claim to eliminate all viruses. Lastly, while bacteria are large enough to be trapped, bacteria are understood to release endotoxins into the air stream when dying on HEPA air filter surfaces. Studies have demonstrated that endotoxins cause inflammatory and atopic responses in both nonasthmatic and asthmatic people.

The important thing to understand is these smaller pollutants and microbes will not escape an instaPURE Dry Fog treatment, which makes PuriCloud's mold remediation system the most effective and comprehensive way for ensuring a healthy air quality environment in your home.


TAPE TESTS


ARMY PUBLIC WORKS DIGEST