Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC)
The 8(a) STARS III Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is designed to provide federal agencies with innovative information technology support.
The convergence and integration of Information Technology with ancillary services is a growing necessity for the modernization and security of government IT service-based infrastructure solutions.
- The 8(a) STARS III GWAC ordering period is a five year base with one three year option. This ordering period began on July 2, 2021.
- The ceiling for 8(a) STARS III is $50 billion.
- 8(a) STARS III allows for fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend of these task order types.
- The contract access fee for the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is .75%, the same as GSA Schedules.
- The contract includes two sub-areas, one for emerging technology and one for OCONUS requirements.
BIC designations satisfy these five key criteria:
- Rigorous requirements definitions and planning processes
- Appropriate pricing strategies
- Data-driven strategies to change buying and consumption behavior (i.e., demand management)
- Category and performance management strategies
- Independently validated reviews
The scope of STARS III is centered on the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code 541512, but include other NAICS codes that are predominately associated with IT related services. These may include, but are not limited to, 541511, 541513, 541519, and 518210.
The contract offers technology support from simple to complex services-based solutions such as information assurance, cybersecurity, emerging technology, artificial intelligence, security technology integration, data protection and more.